June 17 -- 21
Heartland Youth Ranch will hold their annual summer camp June 17th though June 21st. Activities for kids from eight to twelve years of age are scheduled each morning from eight a.m. until noon. For kids who are 13 and older activities will be held every afternoon from one until five p.m. There will be singing, Bible lessons, crafts, games and horse riding. For more information or to apply call 308-496-4348 or send an email to HeartlandYouthRanch@hotmail.com.Space is limited to 20 campers in each age group.
Hillsong United will be in concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, June 21st at the Baxter Arenna in Omaha. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. More information is available at Hillsong.com/United
The Spin-tacular Basketball Show will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, June 21st at the Pierce Jr. and Sr. High School Gymnasium. The show features Bruce and Diane Crevier and their twelve children. They have traveled all around the world performing and sharing a message of hope for this generation. Bruce is a four time Guinness World Record holder for basketball spinning, and has spun 21 basketballs at once. He also holds the endurance world record for spinning one basketball the longest time without a break -- 22 hours and 12 minutes. Their is no cost to attend this event at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, June 21st in Pierce, Nebraska.
Heartland Transformation Center in Grand Island will hold a Transformation Prayer Ministry Conference from nine until five on June 21st and from nine until two on June 22nd. It will be held at 3411 West Faidley Avenue in Grand Island. Dr. Ed Smith and Joshua Smith will be be the speakers. A free will donation will be accepted. The cost for lunch on Friday in $10. To register visit TransformationPrayer.org/seminar-registration
The Relay for Life of Boone County will be changing the scenery this year with a morning relay on Saturday, June 22nd at Fuller Park in Albion. Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m.; a 5K fun run and walk will begin at eight; the survivor lap will be at 9:30 and the closing ceremonies will be before noon. Everyone is invited to come and help defeat cancer.
Heartland Youth Ranch will hold their annual barbecue fundraiser at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 22nd. The band Country Flair will provide the music. A silent auction will also be held.
June 21 -- 22
Rise Fest is an outdoor Christian Music Festival which will be held on June 21st and 22nd in Sheldon, Iowa. The Newsboys, Jeremy Camp, Zach Williams, Skillet, Matt Maher and I Am They are scheduled to perform. Ticket information is available at RiseMinistries.com
The First Baptist Church in Norfolk will be hosting an Operation Christmas Child shoebox recipient speaker at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 23rd. While living in central Asia, Alina received an Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift. The gift reminded her that she was not alone and today it is a reminder that Christians are called to give and serve others. For more information call Sara at 402-649-0356.
St Joseph's Catholic Church in Amelia will celebrate their 100th anniversary on Sunday, June 23rd. After the 3:00 p.m. church service there will be a social hour at 4:30 at the Chambers Community Center. Dinner will be served at 5:30. Tickets for the dinner are $10 and can be purchased by calling St. Patrick's Parish Center at 402-336-1602. Due to limited parking at the church a shuttle service will transport people from the Community Center to the Church and then back again. T-shirts and a memory book will be available for purchase.
The Community Bible Church in Norfolk, located at 401 East Park Avenue will be celebrating their 60th anniversary on Sunday, June 23rd. School School will begin at 9:30. Mike Pelletier will speak during the 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning worship service. A catered lunch will be served at noon with a special anniversary service beginning at two. For more information call 402-371-5000. Mr Pelletier will also hold evangelistic services each evening at 7:00 p.m. from Sunday, June 23rd through the rest of the week.
On Sunday, June 23rd Discovey Church will host a community feed and Gospel concert in the spirit of historic community "get togethers". Musical artists from Omaha, Sioux City and Yankton will perform. The church is located at 205 West 3rd Street in Yankton.
June 24 - 26
The United Methodist Church located at 222 West Nebraska Street in Pierce will hold Vacation Bible School from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. on Monday, June 24th through Wednesday, June 26th. All kids from three years of age through sixth grade are welcome to attend. There will be Bible stories, crafts, snacks and outdoor games. For more information or to register text Debbie at 402-750-6975.
The Chamberlain Swim Team is holding a Community Action Fundraiser at one p.m. on Sunday, June 30th at the Avenue of Flags in Chamberlain. Donations of new and used items are appreciated. Items must be in good condition and working order. Used clothes will not be accepted. Consignments are also welcome with 20% of the proceeds going to the Chamberlain Swim team. To make donations or cosign items call or text Eric at 605-680-4763
Sandhills Sage is an upcycle shop on Main Street in Johnstown, Nebraska. They will hold a special event on July 12th from seven until nine p.m.; July 13th from ten until five and on July 14th from one until five. There will be vendors offering western fashions, metal crafts, jewelry, furniture and more. There will be no admission cost.
July 20 -- 21
For King and Country, Matt Maher, Big Daddy Weave, Unspoken, JJ Weeks, Tim Timmons, I Am They and several other artists will perform at Hills Alive. Hills Alive is a free outdoor Christian music festival which will be held on July 20th and 21st at Memorial Park in Rapid City. More information is available at HillsAlive.com.
For King and Country will be in concert at seven p.m. on Friday, August 16th at the Lincoln Beran Church in Lincoln, Nebraska. More information is available at ForKingandCountry.com
For King and Country will be in concert on August 17th in Gothenburg, Nebraska
Zach Williams will be in concert at 8:00 p.m. on August 29th at the Heartland Events Center at the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island. More information is available at StateFair.org
- Glad Tidings Bible Camp will be holding a variety of camps this summer. The camps will begin on June 17th and continue through July. There will be camps for elementary, middle and high school students, as well as an Adventure Camp and a Wilderness Camp in the Black Hills. For more information or to register visit GladTidingsBibleCamp.org
- The Lewis and Clark Lake Ministry will hold Interdenominational church services from Memorial Day through Labor Day. They will meet at nine a.m. at the Weigand (Wy-Gone) campground on the Nebraska side of the Lake. On the South Dakota side of the lake the service begins at 10:30 a.m. at the Pierson Ranch Amphitheater in the Lewis and Clark Recreational Area.
- The Recovery will be held at seven p.m. every Thursday evening in the Sunday School wing at the Faith Community Church in O'Neill. Celebrate Recovery is non-denominational and was developed by Rick Warren the author of The Purpose Driven Life. It is not only for the addict or alcoholic, but for anyone struggling with life's hurts, hang-ups or habits. More information is available at CelebrateRecovery.com.
- Several businesses in O'Neill have begun a fundraiser to help Kevin and Jolene Lichty cover their cancer related medical expenses. You can leave a donation at the following O'Neill businesses -- Sunrise Flower and Gift Shop, Dougals Street Coffee Company, Tri-County Bank and O'Neill Family Pharmacy. When you leave a donation you will receive a gourmet lollipop. Help the Lichty's lick cancer. Make a donation today.
- Single Adults Living Truth (S.A.L.T.) is a young adult Christian singles group for ages 21+. They meet once a month in O'Neill for a devotion, food, games, and community building. For further information you can email email@example.com.
- The American Red Cross will be accepting donations at various locations across our listening area. For a compete list of those donation sites visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 800-RED-CROSS.